Alabama Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery and Jackson Hospital
Alabama Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery is a proud affiliate of Jackson Hospital, a community not-for-profit hospital serving Montgomery and the Alabama River Region since 1946. With access to the numerous facilities and resources that Jackson offers, our doctors are able to provide a high-quality service utilizing the most up-to-date technologies. Patients can also rest assured knowing that Jackson upholds the highest safety standards, meaning that your care will be performed in a safe and proficient manner. We are proud to call Jackson Hospital our home.
History of Jackson Hospital
Jackson Hospital's history is integral to the history of medicine in Central Alabama. The hospital's origin dates back to 1894 when Watkins Infirmary received its 1st patients at the hospital's present location. On September 16, 1946, Jackson Hospital opened with 37 patient beds and 5 attending physicians.
Today, licensed for 344 beds, Jackson Hospital is a community not-for-profit hospital serving Montgomery and the Alabama River Region. Our comprehensive healthcare services include cardiac, cancer, neurosciences, orthopedics, and women's and children's care, along with 24-hour emergency services. It ranks among the largest hospitals in Alabama and is widely recognized for providing excellence in care. Even with our leading-edge technology and facilities, we remain true to our mission of providing superior personal healthcare in a safe, compassionate environment.